Our firm offers a wide range of services to our individual and business clients. Because our firm is relatively small, our clients benefit by receiving personalized, quality service that is beyond comparison. Below we have listed the services that we offer to our clients along with a brief description.
As the list below is by no means all-inclusive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed. If it is not a service we provide, we would be more than happy to refer you to a qualified professional.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
- Payroll services
- Business tax return preparation (Sales & Use/Business Property)
- Personal financial statements
- Litigation support
- International Accounting Services
Financial Statement Preparation
We can assist you in the preparation of your financial statements in accordance with professional standards. We prepare four types of financial statements:
- Preparation of Financial Statements: Prepared from internal financial records of the company, to be used only by internal managers.
- Compiled Financial Statements: Assisting management to present financial information in the form of financial statements. Assurance is not obtained or provided regarding material modifications that should be made.
- Reviewed Financial Statements: Performing analytical procedures and inquires to provide a limited level of assurance that no material modifications need to be made to the financial statements.
RDG provides a full range of bookkeeping and reporting services for those companies and professionals without an in-house accounting department. These services include:
- Payroll preparation
- Payroll tax returns and reporting
- Workman's Compensation reporting
- Sales Tax returns
Reviews & Compilations
We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company's profitability and efficiency. We provide financial reporting on two levels of assurance:
- Review - some analytical procedures conducted with limited assurance
- Compilation - based upon client information provided and used primarily for internal use.
International Tax, Accounting and Management
RDG has worked extensively in the international area, both with inbound and outbound investment. We provide tax and accounting services to expatriates of the US and citizens of foreign countries involved in US commerce. Our experience includes working with US Customs, bonded facilities, foreign tax credits, tax treaties, inter-company pricing rules, letters of credit, negotiating lines of credit and California Water's Edge Elections and filing.
We have directly participated in forming companies in the following countries and US Territories: American Samoa, Canary Islands, Ecuador, France, Guam, Hong Kong, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand, Panama, Philippines, St. Thomas Virgin Islands, Seychelles Islands, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan and Vanuatu.
We have performed tax, consulting, and accounting for inbound investment from the following countries: Belgium, China, England, Germany, Hong Kong, Luxemburg, Mexico, and Panama.
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year. Tax services offered include but are not limited to:
- Tax planning & return preparation
- Estates, trusts & gift
- Not-for-profit organization
- California Water's Edge
- Multi State tax filings
- Taxing authority representation
- Divorce and support issues
- Tax effects of buying/selling a business
Estate & Trust Tax Preparation
Effective estate and gift planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the complex process of getting your financial affairs in order.
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business.
- Business Entity Selection: Choosing the form of entity of your business is a crucial decision that can have longstanding tax implications, positive or negative. We can assist you in evaluating the pros and cons of each entity type to help you determine the most advantageous form of business for your company.
- Financial Forecasts & Projections: Forecasting is a necessity when trying to effectively manage and lead a business to profitability. From simple projections to complex financial modeling, our experienced staff can assist you in achieving your company's financial goals.
- Management Advisory Services: Even the most qualified managers can benefit from competent, objective feedback. We can help your company's management team develop long-term objectives and specific strategies to facilitate your business' future growth and success.
- Business Succession Planning: Effective coordination of the transition of your business to your successors is critical to ensure its continued success once you decide to remove yourself from the company's day to day operations. With a solid background in tax and other financial matters, we are fully qualified to address the complex issues of business continuation and can assist you in developing a strategically sound plan.
RDG provides financial and tax expert witness testimony in civil litigation. We provide required court reporting of trust and other fiduciary matters. We also provide determinations of income and losses for attorneys and insurance companies.
Our expertise include managing professional athletes' finances and filing multi-state tax returns.
Personal Financial Management
Circumstances may arise during your life that makes personal financial management by a third party desirable:What Financial Management Entails:
- Receiving and paying of bills
- Monitoring and overseeing investments
- Monthly accounting
- Arranging for other professionals as needed - attorneys, real estate, investment professional, care givers, and insurance professionals
- Maintaining and updating estate plans, trusts, etc.
- Handling negotiations on real estate, insurance investments or any other matter
- Preparation of tax returns - income, trust, gift, estate, partnership
- Consulting on business, financial, estate, family
- Act as trustees of estates and trusts
We have performed financial management for professional athletes, entertainers, former CEO's of large companies and high net-worth families and individuals.